Food Safety is a key priority at Maple Leaf as we work toward becoming a global leader in food safety and creating a food safety culture that is second to none. Our Maple Leaf Food Safety Pledge is the embodiment of these efforts. It is our public commitment to you about what you can expect from us and what we expect of ourselves. It is an expression of our determination to be improving all the time. We hold ourselves, and you should hold us, accountable against these standards.
On behalf of the 23,500 employees of Maple Leaf Foods, we are grateful for the trust and confidence Canadians have placed in us. We remain committed to earning your trust each and every day.
Our goal is to always provide consumers safe, great tasting food produced in a safe work environment.
- We commit to becoming a global leader in food safety and job safety, and providing the focus and resources needed to achieve this goal.
- We commit to establishing a culture of food safety and workplace safety with high performance teams, where people are encouraged and expected to act on any concerns they may have.
- We commit to measuring our safety performance, with testing and benchmarking against globally recognized standards.
- We commit to continuously seeking better ways to make safe food, and to make it safely.
- We commit to openly sharing our knowledge with government, industry, and consumers, so we can learn from them and they can learn from us.
- We commit to transparency and candour in pursuit of better performance and public confidence.
- We commit to behaving in the most responsible and transparent way possible, placing the safety of our people and our consumers first if there is ever a breach.
This is our Safety Promise.
Michael H. McCain
President and Chief Executive Officer
On Behalf Of All Maple Leaf Foods People