1 each (168 g/5.9 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Fully Cooked Chicken Souvlaki (#64312)
|Chicken Souvlaki Thigh Pieces, fully cooked||1.5 kg||3 lbs 5 oz|
|English Cucumber, fresh, diced into 1 cm x 1 cm pieces||450 g||1 lb|
|Tomatoes, fresh, diced into 1 cm x 1 cm pieces||250 g||9 oz|
|Red Peppers, fresh, diced into 0.5 cm x 0.5 cm pieces||75 g||3 oz|
|Red Onions, fresh, finely chopped||75 g||3 oz|
|Greek Yogurt, plain||325 g||12 oz|
|Lemon Juice||20 ml||1 Tbsp 1 tsp|
|Basil, dried leaf||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Mint, dried leaf||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
|Cayenne Pepper||2.5 ml||1/2 tsp|
|Croissant, 60 g/2 oz||25 each||25 each|
- The day before, thaw cooked chicken souvlaki under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C until ready to use.
- In a heavy bottomed pot over medium heat, saute the chicken to heat to minimum internal temperature of 165F. This will help to reduce any fat on the thigh meat. Can be heated on a parchment covered tray in the oven at 350F for approx. 15 - 20 minutes. Cool down and set in the refrigerator until use.
- Dice the cucumbers, tomatoes, red peppers and finely chop the red onions. Chop the thawed chicken to desired consistency.
- Combine the vegetables, chopped chicken souvlaki, yogurt, lemon juice, and spices. Refrigerate at <40'F/4'C until ready to assemble sandwiches.
- To assemble sandwich: Portion 125 mls of Chicken Tikka & Cucumber mixture using #8 scoop. Spread mixture evenly on a croissant. May also add lettuce leaf to the sandwich. Serve immediately or wrap. Cut croissant into half at the point of service. CCP-Maintain <40F/4'C.
Serve with tossed green salad with feta cheese or raw vegetables & dip (sides not included in the nutritional information)
Nutritional Info per 1 each (168 g/5.9 oz)
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||6.1 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||1.5 g|
|Vitamin A||29.1 RE|
|Vitamin C||6.8 mg|
|Calories from Protein||21 %|