Featured Maple Leaf Product: Schneiders Halal Beef Burger, 3.5 oz (#64170)
|Beef Burger, Halal, cooked, 3.5 oz||25 each||25 each|
|Canola Oil||50 ml||3 1/3 Tbsp|
|Onion, fresh, diced||800 g||28 oz|
|Garlic, fresh, minced||30 ml||2 Tbsp|
|Beef Gravy, prepared, reduced sodium||750 ml||3 cups|
|Mozzarella Cheese, grated||500 g||17.5 oz|
|White Bread||200 g||7 oz|
- Preheat convection oven to 350'F/165'C.
- Place beef burgers on a baking sheet a small distance apart from each other and set aside.
- Dice the onion and mince the garlic. In a large saucepan, add the canola oil and heat the pan. Add onion and minced garlic to pan and saute until tender and caramelized (brown). Remove from saucepan and set aside.
- Prepare beef gravy according to recipe directions. Hold at >140'F/60'C until service.
- Shred the mozzarella cheese. Cut bread slices into round rings (removing crust) or round loaf bread such as a a baguette and cut into slices. Arrange the bread circles on a baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Toast in convection oven until light brown. Remove and set aside.
- To build the dish, take the baking sheet with the beef burgers laid out and add approximately 25 ml/25 gram of the caramelized onion mix on top of each beef patty. Add one toasted crouton on top and gently press the stack together.
- Top the toasted crouton with 25 grams of shredded mozzarella cheese and bake in a 325'F/165'C preheated oven until the cheese is golden brown. Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds.
- Serve 1 French Onion Beef Salisbury steak and ladle over 20 ml prepared beef gravy over the top at the point of service.
Serve with roasted rosemary potatoes and buttered green beans (sides not included in the nutritional information)
Nutritional Info per 1 each
|Total Fat||23.4 g|
|Saturated Fat||8.1 g|
|Total Sugar||1.7 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||0.74 g|
|Vitamin A||8.25 RE|
|Vitamin C||2.61 mg|
|Calories from Fat||68 %|