174 g/6.1 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Chicken Souvlaki (#64312)
|Chicken Souvlaki Thigh Pieces, fully cooked||2 Kg||4.4 Lbs|
|English Cucumber, Fresh, Diced||750 g||1.7 Lbs|
|Tomatoes, Fresh, Roma, Diced||750 g||1.7 Lbs|
|Red Onions, Fresh||80 g||2.8 oz|
|Black Olives, Pitted, Sliced||100 g||3.5 oz|
|Feta Cheese, Crumbled||150 g||5.3 oz|
|Olive Oil, Extra Virgin||90 mL||3 Fl oz|
|Lemon Juice||45 mL||1.5 Fl oz|
|Dried Oregano||5 mL||1 tsp|
|White Sugar||2.5 mL||0.5 tsp|
|Tzatziki Sauce||500 mL||2.1 cups|
- The day before, thaw cooked chicken souvlaki under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C.
- In a heavy bottomed pot over medium heat, saute the chicken to heat to minimum internal temperature of 165F. This will help to reduce any fat on the thigh meat. Can be heated on a parchment covered tray in the oven at 350F for approx. 15 - 20 minutes. Cool down and set in the refrigerator until use.
- Wash and cut English cucumber, tomatoes, red onions into bite sized pieces approx. 3/4", Dice chicken pieces to a similar size.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, dried oregano and sugar, and whisk into a dressing.
- Combine the vegetables, the chicken thigh pieces and the dressing in a large bowl. Gently toss to coat all pieces with dressing.
- Serve on a bed of chopped romaine lettuce. Garnish with crumbled feta cheese (10 mL) over the top of the dish and finish with a serving of tzatziki sauce (20 mL).
Serve with flat bread or pita and seasoned rice on the side.
Nutritional Info per 174 g/6.1 oz
|Calories (57.5% from fat)||240 kcal|
|Saturated Fat||5.62 gm|
|Trans Fat||0.000 gm|
|Dietary Fiber||0.9 gm|
|Vitamin A||22 RE|
|Vitamin C||6 mg|