1 each(2" x 4")/206 g/7.3 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Fully Cooked Ready Links Breakfast Sausages (#64000)
|Pork Sausage Links, skinless, fully cooked, 22.5 g/0.8 oz||50 each (1.125 kg)||50 each (2 lbs 8 oz)|
|Flour or Corn Tortilla, 6-9 inch, 32 g each||25 each (800 g)||25 each (1 lb 12 oz)|
|Liquid Eggs||800 ml||3 1/4 cups|
|Milk, 2%||500 ml||2 cups|
|Cumin, powder||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Black Pepper, ground||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Cheese, Tex-Mex, shredded||500 g||1 lb 2 oz|
|Sour Cream||125 ml||1/2 cup|
|Green Onions, fresh, thinly sliced||250 ml||1 cup|
|Tomatoes, fresh, medium, chopped||600 g||1 lb 5 oz|
- The day before, thaw the cooked sausage links under refrigeration and maintain at <40'F/4'C. Preheat convection oven to 325'F/165'C.
- Slice cooked sausage links into 8 slices per sausage. Grease 2" deep, full-size insert pan for 25 servings. Arrange tortillas on the bottom of the greased pan and ensure the bottom is completely covered with tortillas; layer as required. Evenly, sprinkle the sliced sausages over the tortillas.
- In a large bowl, pour in liquid eggs, milk, cumin and black pepper. Whisk the mixture until well blended. Stir in half of the shredded cheese. Reserve half of the shredded cheese for a later step.
- Pour the egg mixture over the tortillas/sausages. Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Top with the reserved amount of the shredded cheese and bake until cheese is melted and internal temperature of 165'F/74'C is held for at least 15 seconds.
- At point of service, top with a dollop (1 tsp/5 mls) of sour cream; then sprinkle with 24 grams of diced tomatoes and 10 mls sliced green onions.
Serve with tomato soup or tossed garden salad, and fresh avocado slices (sides not included in the nutritional analysis)
Nutritional Info per 1 each(2" x 4")/206 g/7.3 oz
|Total Fat||31 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Total Sugar||3.3 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||1.4 g|
|Vitamin A||126 RE|
|Vitamin C||4 mg|
|Calories from Protein||19 %|