255 g/8.9 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Diced 1/2 ” Chicken, fully cooked (#43848)
|Diced Chicken, 1/2 ", fully cooked, thawed||1.5 kg||3 lbs 5 oz|
|Buttermilk Tea Biscuit Mix, dry||635 g||1 lbs 6 oz|
|Water||375 ml||1 1/2 cup|
|Vegetable Mix, classic blend, frozen||790 g||1 lbs 12 oz|
|Chicken Gravy, reduced sodium, prepared||3 L||3 Quarts|
|Poultry Seasoning||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Thyme, dried||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Margarine||125 ml||1/2 cup|
- The day before, thaw the diced chicken in a slotted insert pan under refrigeration at <4'C/40'F.
- Prepare the Buttermilk Tea Biscuits according to package directions. Hold at >140'C/60'C until service.
- Steam the frozen mixed vegetables (corn, carrots, green beans, peas) in the steamer or alternatively boil them until they are tender. Drain; set aside.
- Prepare the chicken gravy according to package directions. Hold at >140'F/60'C.
- In a large stockpot, add the diced chicken, cooked mixed vegetables, gravy, poultry seasoning and thyme. Heat for ~ 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165'F/74'C held for a minimum of 15 seconds.
- At the point of service, cut the warm tea biscuits in half; spread the margarine on both halves. Using a #12 scoop, portion 80 mls/1/3 cup of prepared chicken pot pie filling over each tea biscuit half. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Serve with spinach salad or tossed green salad with vinaigrette dressing (sides not included in the nutritional information).