Featured Maple Leaf Product: Chicken Leg, Bone-In, Back Attached, IQF, 278 g portion/199 g edible, (#26352)
|Chicken Legs, IQF||25 each (6.95 kg)||25 each (15 lbs 5 oz)|
|Canola Oil||45 ml||3 Tbsp|
|Onions, fresh, sliced||550 g||1 lb 3 oz|
|Garlic, minced||46 g||1.6 oz|
|Chicken Broth, soup||500 ml||2 cups|
|Artichoke, canned, undrained, cut into quarters||1.8 L||7 cups 1/4 cup|
|Sun-dried Tomatoes, drained, diced||400 g||14 oz|
|Kalamata Olives, sliced, drained||188 g||7 oz|
|Oregano, dry||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Basil, dry||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Black Pepper, ground||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
|Feta Cheese, crumbled||375 g||13 oz|
- The day before, thaw chicken quarters under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C until ready to continue.
- Preheat convection oven to 325'F/165'C.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sliced onions and minced garlic in hot oil for 1 minute. Add chicken and brown on both sides. Transfer to a 2" deep insert pan.
- Cut artichoke hearts into quarters. Add chicken broth, artichoke hearts with juice, diced sun-dried tomatoes, olives, oregano, basil and black pepper and mix together. Cover insert pan with foil/lid and cook in preheated convection oven at 325'F/165'C for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil/lid and sprinkle drained, crumbled feta cheese on top. Bake for 5-10 minutes longer and until internal temperature reaches 165'F/74'C for a minimum of 15 seconds.
- Serve 1 leg each with artichoke/tomatoes mixture.
Serve with buttered pasta and steamed green vegetables i.e. broccoli, green beans or Caesar salad (sides not included in nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 337 g/11.9 oz
|Total Fat||36 g|
|Trans Fats||0.1 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Total Sugars||4 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||97.76 RE|
|Vitamin C||4.83 mg|
|Calories from protein||29 %|