460 g/16 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Fully-Cooked Turkey Breast Strips, IQF, grilled (#64358)
|Turkey Breast Strips, cooked, IQF||1.5 Kg||3 lbs 5 oz|
|Vermicelli Rice Noodles, dry||1.4 Kg||3 lbs 1 oz|
|Sesame Oil||180 mL||2/3 cup + 2 Tbsp|
|Carrots, julienne||3.15 L||13 1/3 cups|
|Coleslaw Cabbage, rainbow, shredded||3.15 L||13 1/3 cups|
|Red Peppers, sliced||2.5 L||10 1/2 cups|
|Fresh Ginger Root, grated||125 mL||1/2 cup|
|Teriyaki Sauce, baste & glaze||1.1 L||4 2/3 cups|
|Water||1.5 L||6 1/3 cups|
|Green Onions, chopped||180 mL||2/3 cup + 2 Tbsp|
|Sesame Seeds||60 mL||1/4 cup|
- The day before, thaw the cooked turkey strips in the refrigerator at 4°C/40°F or lower.
- Prepare the rice vermicelli noodles according to the package directions (90 g of dry noodles will yield 2 cups/500 mls of cooked noodles. Drain and hold at >140°F/60°C until service.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet or grill top over medium heat; add carrots, cabbage, red peppers, and ginger. Sauté for approximately five minutes, stirring regularly to stir fry vegetables. Remove and transfer to a 4 inch insert pan with lid. Hold at >140°F/60°C for a later step.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, add teriyaki sauce and water; mix well. Add turkey strips to skillet and mix well to coat. Cook to an internal temperature of 165°F/74°C held for at least 15 seconds. Add in the sautéd vegetable mixture and combine gently.
- At point of service, serve turkey/carrot/cabbage mixture over prepared rice noodles; garnish with half a tablespoon/8 mLs of green onions and half a teaspoon/3 mLs of sesame seeds.
Serve with spring rolls or egg roll and plum sauce (sides not included in nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 460 g/16 oz
|Calories from Protein||18 %|
|Total Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Total Sugars||10 g|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Trans Fats||0.01 g|
|Vitamin A||660.41 RE|
|Vitamin C||16.66 mg|