#8 scoop (158 g/5.6 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Ready Crisp Pre-Cooked Bacon Strips (#21931)
|Bacon, ckd||25 slices||25 slices|
|Margarine||120 g||4.2 oz|
|Flour, All Purpose||33 g||1.2 oz|
|Salt, table||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Pepper, Black, Grd||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Milk, 2%||925 ml||3 3/4 cups|
|Cheese, Cheddar, shredded||430 g||15.2 oz|
|Mushrooms, fresh, sliced||225 g||8 oz|
|Onions, fresh, chopped fine||375 g||13.2 oz|
|Liquid Eggs /Medium eggs||1.65 L/38 each||6 2/3 cups/38 each|
- The day before, thaw the cooked bacon strips under refrigeration at 40'F/4'C. May prepare the night before and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Prepare cheese sauce by melting one third of the margarine in a saucepan. Whisk in the flour, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Add three quarters of the shredded cheese, stirring until melted. Set cheese sauce aside.
- Melt the remaining two thirds of margarine in a skillet. Add sliced mushrooms and onions, saute until tender and liquid evaporates for about 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk liquid eggs . Add whisked eggs and bacon to the mushroom/onion mixture. Cook until eggs are just set but still a little wet. Stir cheese sauce into egg mixture. Remove from heat.
- Spread egg mixture into a greased 2" deep insert pan. Sprinkle remaining one quarter of the cheese over top. Cover with wrap and refrigerate at <40'F/4'C or lower until ready to bake. May refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat convection oven to 325'F/165'C
- Place egg casserole uncovered in preheated oven and bake until heated through and cheese is melted ~20-25 minutes. CCP-Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds.
Serve with toasted pumpernickel/rye bread, fried home fried potatoes and sliced tomatoes (sides not included in nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per #8 scoop (158 g/5.6 oz)
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Trans Fats||0.37 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Total Sugars||3 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Vitamin A||118.99 RE|
|Vitamin C||1.38 mg|
|Calories from Protein||25 %|