1 each (185 g/6.5 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Boneless Pork Chop-3.5 oz (#57422)
|Bacon, low sodium, sliced||456 g||1 lb|
|Pork Chop boneless, raw, 85 g||25 each (2.125 kg)||25 each (4 lbs 11 oz)|
|Table salt||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Black pepper, ground||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Canola Oil||60 ml||4 Tbsp|
|Mushroom, fresh, sliced||750 ml||3 cups|
|Garlic, minced||20 g||0.7 oz|
|Thyme, dried||15 ml||3 Tbsp|
|Flour, all purpose||80 ml||1/3 cup|
|Chicken Broth, prepared, low sodium||500 ml||2 cups|
|Cream, 10% milkfat||375 ml||1 1/2 cup|
- The day before, thaw the boneless pork chops under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C.
- Preheat the convection oven to 300'F/150'C.
- Chop the Bacon into small pieces. Place the bacon pieces in a large skillet, and cook on medium heat until the bacon is cooked. Remove bacon using a slotted spoon from the pan and hold until later step. Save the bacon fat.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Grill pork chops on medium heat in bacon grease; grill 3 minutes on each side until nicely seared. Remove the pork chop and place in 2" deep insert pan(s).
- In the same skillet, add oil. Add sliced mushrooms, minced garlic and sprinkle with thyme. Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring until mushrooms soften and release juices. Sprinkle the flour all over the mushrooms and stir on medium heat.
- Add the chicken broth and increase the heat to high to bring to a boil, stirring constantly. There should be a smooth slurry from the flour and the chicken broth. Add the cream and stir it in while boiling until the sauce is a smooth consistency. Remove from heat.
- Place pork chops in baking pan(s) and sprinkle cooked bacon pieces over top. Evenly divide the mushroom sauce and pour equally over each pan. Cover with lid/foil and bake in the preheated oven for ~30 minutes. CCP-Cook to an internal temperature of 160'F/71'C held for at least 15 seconds.
- Serve 2 oz/60 ml mushroom bacon sauce over the pork chop.
Serve with roasted potato wedges and buttered brussel sprouts or green vegetable (sides not included in the nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 1 each (185 g/6.5 oz)
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Total Sugar||0.7 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||0.4 g|
|Vitamin A||21 RE|
|Vitamin C||1.1 mg|
|Calories from Protein||37 %|