3"x3" piece (147 g/5.2 oz)
Maple Leaf Featured Product: Ready Crisp Pre-Cooked Bacon Strips (#21931)
|Bacon, ckd, diced||25 slices (100 g)||25 slices (3.5 oz)|
|Puff Pastry Dough Sheets, 10" x 15", 12 oz each||2 sheets||2 sheets|
|Mozzarella Cheese, shredded||300 g||10.6 oz|
|Italian Seasoning||30 ml||2 Tbsp|
|Ricotta Cheese||1.05 L||4 1/4 cups|
|Dijon Mustard||60 ml||1/4 cup|
|Plum (Roma) Tomatoes, fresh, sliced||1.1 kg||2 lbs 7 oz|
|Salt, table||3 ml||2/3 tsp|
|Black Pepper, ground||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Onions, fresh, diced||125 g||4.4 oz|
|Basil, fresh, chopped||60 ml||1/4 cup|
- The day before, thaw the precooked bacon strips under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C.
- Preheat convection oven to 375'F/190'C.
- Remove the puff pastry sheets from the freezer and allow to rest at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before working with the pastry. Roll out the sheet of puff pastry (10" x 15" sheet weighs 12 oz) with a rolling pin and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- In small bowl, combine two thirds of the mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, dijon mustard and the Italian seasoning together. Spread the ricotta mixture over the puff pastry, leaving about a one inch margin around the pastry.
- Lay out the thinly sliced tomatoes over the ricotta mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the diced onion and chopped bacon over the top. Sprinkle the remaining one third of the mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Brush the edges of the pastry tart with egg wash (1 egg & 1 Tbsp/15 ml water) using a pastry brush. Brush the egg wash in a thin even layer onto the pastry.
- Bake in oven for about 20-25 minutes. The edges of the tart should puff up and become light brown. Top with fresh, chopped basil. CCP-Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds.
- Cut each 10" by 15" pastry sheet into 3 by 5 to yield 15 servings per sheet. Serve 1 slice (3" by 3") per serving.
Serve with a tossed garden salad or spinach salad (sides not included in nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 3"x3" piece (147 g/5.2 oz)
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Trans Fats||0.21 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Total Sugars||3 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||20.05 RE|
|Vitamin C||6.57 mg|
|Calories from Protein||15 %|