Featured Maple Leaf Product: Schneiders Natural Pulled Pork (26980)
|Pulled Pork||1.12 kg||2.46 lbs|
|Mushrooms, canned & drained||500 ml||2 cups|
|Bell Peppers, diced, frozen||500 ml||2 cups|
|Spinach, baby leaf||1 liter||4 cups|
|Tomato Sauce, prepared||1.5 litres||6.3 cups|
|Basil, dried||45 ml||3 tbsp|
|Garlic, minced||30 ml||2 tbsp|
|Balsamic Vinegar||30 ml||2 tbsp|
|Black Pepper||30 ml||2 tbsp|
|Penne Pasta, raw||1.81 kg||4 lbs|
|Water, for cooking pasta||4 liters||16 cups|
|Mozzarella, shredded||500 ml||2 cups|
- The day before, thaw the Pulled Pork in the refrigerator and hold at 4'C/40'F or lower.
- Preheat oven to 300'F. In a heavy bottomed pot, add water and bring to a boil. Season with salt (1 tbsp) once the water reaches a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain the water and reserve the cooked pasta.
- In a heavy bottomed pot, over medium heat, saute the mushrooms and peppers with some canola oil (30 ml or 2 tbsp) for 5-7 minutes to carmelize the natural sugars within.
- Ensure the Pulled Pork is fully defrosted as the seasonings will adhere better. Add the Pulled Pork, spinach, basil, garlic, black pepper, balsamic vinegar and tomato sauce. Cook for 1 minute and add the pasta. Mix well.
- Transfer to a greased shallow (2") hotel pan, cover with foil and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Ensure the pasta reaches an internal temperature of 165F or 74C.
- Remove the foil and top the pasta with mozzarella cheese. Melt ion the oven uncovered for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Garlic bread, grilled vegetables or a leafy green salad. (sides not included in the nutritional analysis)
Nutritional Info per 1 Serving
|Total Dietary Fiber||7.8g|