240 g/8.5 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Fully-Cooked Turkey Breast Strips, IQF, grilled (#64358)
|Turkey Breast Strips, cooked, IQF||1.5 Kg||3 lbs 5 oz|
|Margarine, soft||130 g||4.6 oz|
|Fresh Red Onions, sliced thin||4.5 each||4.5 each|
|Cranberry Sauce, canned||375 mL||1 1/2 cups|
|BBQ Sauce||600 mL||2 1/2 cups|
|Flatbread, Oval (135 g/4.7 oz)||12.5 each||12.5 each|
|Smoked Mozzarella Cheese, shredded||850 g||1 lb 14 oz|
|Green Onions, chopped||125 mL||1/2 cup|
|Black Pepper, ground||15 mL||1 Tbsp|
- The day before, thaw the cooked turkey strips under refrigeration at 4°C/40°F.
- In a skillet, melt margarine over medium heat until sizzling; add separated onions. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally for approximately 8 to 10 minutes or until onions are browned and caramelized. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine cranberry sauce and barbeque sauce. Cook over low heat until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Preheat convection oven to 375°F/190°C. Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper. Place flatbreads in a single layer (one flatbread weighs 135 g which is equivalent to two servings) on parchment paper. Spread barbeque mixture over flatbreads. Top with 2/3 of smoked cheese, then caramelized onions, followed by the turkey strips. If some of the strips are too large, break them into smaller pieces if desired. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for approximately 8 to 10 minutes at 375°F/190°C or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown. Cook to an internal temperature of 165°F/74°C held for at least 15 seconds.
- At the point of service, sprinkle the black pepper and green onions over the flatbread. Cut each flatbread into two servings. Serve one piece (240 g) per serving.
Serve with a garden salad and garnish with fresh green onion (sides not included in nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 240 g/8.5 oz
|Calories from Protein||22%|
|Total Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Total Sugars||21 g|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Trans Fats||0.09 g|
|Vitamin A||119.71 RE|
|Vitamin C||3.57 mg|