270 g/9.6 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Bacon Chips, Fully Cooked, 1 inch (#13509)
|Ground beef, raw, thawed||1.45 kg||3 lbs 3 oz|
|Canola oil||30 mL||2 Tbsp|
|Frozen onions(or fresh), diced||250 g||8.8 oz|
|Garlic, minced||15 mL||1 Tbsp|
|Bacon Chips, 1 inch, RTE||375 g||13.2 oz|
|Prepared beef broth, low sodium||1.25 L||5 cups|
|Heavy whipping cream, 35% milkfat||625 mL||2 2/3 cup|
|Canned diced tomatoes||625 mL||2 2/3 cup|
|Ground black pepper||10 mL||2 tsp|
|Potato Gnocchi, dry||2.5 kg||5 lbs 8.2 oz|
|Parmesan cheese, grated||170 g||6 oz|
- The day before, thaw raw medium ground beef under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat and saute the diced onions and minced garlic; add the ground beef and stir until the beef is no longer pink. While cooking, break meat into crumbles and once cooked, drain off excess fat in a colander.
- Return the cooked ground beef & onion mixture to the skillet and add the bacon chips, prepared beef broth, whipping cream, diced tomatoes with juice, and black pepper. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat.
- Grease a 4" deep insert pan and transfer the creamy beef and bacon sauce into the pan(s). Stir in the uncooked gnocchi and the grated Parmesan cheese. Cover with lid/foil. Place in preheated oven and bake for ~30-40 minutes until the gnocchi is tender. Ensure the internal temperature reaches >165'F/74'C and is held for at least 15 seconds and the sauce is thickened.
- Serve 250 mls (270 g/9.6 oz) per serving using an 8 oz ladle or 2 #8 scoops. May garnish with sliced green onions and additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
Serve with toasted garlic bread or french baguette. May garnish with sliced green onions and additional parmesan cheese (sides not included in nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 270 g/9.6 oz
|Total fat||20 g|
|Saturated fat||10 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Vitamin A||22.1 RE|
|Vitamin C||0.22 mg|
|Calories from protein||20%|