1 each (186 g/6.6 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Sure Slice Roast Beef, whole muscle beef, 3 x 1 kg (#21333)
|Sure Slice Roast Beef, deli meat, 2 slices=56 g||1.2 kg||2 lbs 10.3 oz|
|Beef Broth, RTS, reduced sodium||750 ml||3 cups|
|Onions, fresh, sliced, cut into 1/4"||310 g||11 oz|
|Canola Oil||30 ml||2 Tbsp|
|Beef Au Jus, dry mix||33 g||1.2 oz|
|Water||780 ml||3 cups + 2 Tbsp|
|Bread, French Loaf, 18" loaf/454 g, sliced||2 each||2 each|
|Margarine, soft||63 g||2.2 oz|
|Garlic Powder||30 ml||2 Tbsp|
|Swiss Cheese, shredded||500 g||1 lb 1.6 oz|
- Preheat convection oven at 300'F/150'C.
- Place roast beef deli meat in an insert pan and pour prepared low sodium beef broth over beef. Cover with lid/foil. Heat at 300'F/150'C in a convection oven for ~20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds. Hold at >140'F/60'C until ready to assemble sandwiches.
- While beef is heating, slice onions into 1/2" slices. Heat a large skillet and heat oil on medium heat. Brown onions in skillet and cook until the onions are caramelized for ~10-15 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare Beef Au Jus according to recipe standard. Combine water and sauce mix in saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sauce comes to a boil; simmer 1 minute. Hold at >140'F/60'C until service.
- Cut the french baguette/or alternatively submarine bun lengthwise; cut into 3"/7.6 cm sections. Spread with margarine and sprinkle with garlic powder. Place on a baking sheet.
- Broil bread until golden brown for about 2-3 minutes. Top a 3" slice of toasted baguette with 2 slices (48 g/1.7 oz) of roast beef and onions; sprinkle with 20 g/0.7 oz shredded swiss cheese. Broil until cheese in melted for 1-2 minutes. Transfer to insert pan with lid. Hold at >140'F/60'C until service.
- Serve hot. Serve 1 each along with 30 mls of au jus portioned in a 2 oz dipping cup.
Serve with a tossed garden salad or caesar salad (sides not included in nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 1 each (186 g/6.6 oz)
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Total Sugars||1 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Trans Fats||0.19 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Vitamin A||49.17 RE|
|Vitamin C||1.24 mg|
|Calories from Protein||28 %|