250 mls (252 g/8.9 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Maple Leaf Fully Cooked Shaved Steak (#33548)
|Shaved steak, fully cooked||2.250 kg||5 lbs|
|Butter or margarine||180 ml||2/3 cup|
|Garlic, minced||35 g||1.2 oz|
|Onions, fresh, finely chopped||400 g||14 oz|
|Mushrooms, pieces, canned, drained||1.250 kg||2 lbs 12 oz|
|Brown Gravy Mix, LS, GF||200 g||7 oz|
|Water||1.250 L||5 cups|
|Sour Cream, real||750 ml||3 cups|
|Cornstarch||30 ml||2 Tbsp|
- The day before, thaw the cooked shaved steak in the refrigerator at 4'C/40'F or lower.
- In large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add chopped onions and minced garlic; sauté until translucent. Add the drained canned mushroom pieces. Break apart the shaved steak and roughly chop. Add to the skillet with the other vegetables.
- In a separate bowl, add the brown gravy mix to the water and stir to dissolve. Add the prepared gravy mix to the meat and stir constantly until thick.
- Add the sour cream to the meat mixture and mix thoroughly. If not thick enough, add cornstarch while whisking into the meat mixture and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes more. CCP-Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds. Add pepper to taste.
- At point of service, garnish with chopped fresh parsley or dried parsley.
Serve over steamed rice or broad egg noodles and sauteed snap peas/green beans (sides not included in the nutritional information)
Nutritional Info per 250 mls (252 g/8.9 oz)
|Total Fat||13.8 g|
|Saturated Fat||7.7 g|
|Total Sugar||3.1 g|
|Total Dietary Fibre||1.7 g|
|Sodium||1004 .1 mg|
|Vitamin A||211.2 RE|
|Vitamin C||3.0 mg|