340 g/11.9 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Pork Drummies, fully cooked (#30298)
|Pork Drummies, cooked, 114 g each, thawed||25 each (2.850 kg)||25 each|
|Olive OIl||45 ml||3 Tbsp|
|Garlic, minced||20 ml||4 tsp|
|White onions, peeled & sliced||430 g||15 oz|
|Tomato Paste||45 ml||3 Tbsp|
|Cinnamon, ground||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Chicken Broth, reduced sodium, RTS||775 ml||3 cups + 5 tsp|
|Diced Tomatoes, canned, including juice||2.5 L||10 cups|
|Pitted Prunes, dry, halved||375 ml||1 1/2 cups|
|Green Olives, sliced, drained||750 ml||3 cups|
|Orange Juice, RTS||400 ml||1 1/2 cup|
|Cumin Powder||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Bay Leaf, whole||6 leaves||6 leaves|
|Dried Apricots, chopped||375 ml||1 1/2 cups|
|Fresh Parsley, chopped||125 ml||1/2 cup|
- The day before, thaw the pork drummies under refrigeration at <4'C/40'F.
- Add oil to stockpot and heat to medium. Saute garlic and onion for 2 minutes until translucent.
- Add tomato paste, cinnamon, halved prunes, chicken broth, drained green olives, diced tomatoes including juice, orange juice, cumin, apricots and bay leaves. Cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes bringing to a simmer. Add pork drummies to the pot; spoon sauce over top.
- Cover and braise on a low simmer for 45-60 minutes until pork is tender. CCP: Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds. Garnish with chopped, fresh parsley.
- Serve 1 pork dummie each with 30-45 ml sauce over pork.
Serve over steamed rice and sauteed green beans/broccoli (sides not included in the nutritional information)