310 g/11 oz
Pork, Sliced Deli
Maple Leaf Featured Product: Ready Crisp Pre-Cooked Bacon Strips (#21931)
|Bacon, ckd, 1 slice = 4.0 g||20 slices (80 g)||20 slices (2.8 oz)|
|Pulled Chicken, cooked,||1.25 kg||2 lbs 12 oz|
|Water||900 ml||3 2/3 cup|
|Tea Biscuit Mix||630 g||1 lb 6 oz|
|Broccoli Florets, f/Frz||1.65 kg||3 lbs 10 oz|
|Margarine, soft||208 g||7.3 oz|
|Onions, fresh, minced||168 g||5.9 oz|
|Flour, All Purpose||143 g||5 oz|
|Milk, 2%||1.9 L||8 cups|
|Cheddar Cheese, shredded||800 g||1 lb 12 oz|
|Onion Powder||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
|Garlic Powder||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
|Dill Weed, dried||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Parsley, dried||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
- The day before, thaw the cooked pulled chicken and cooked bacon strips under refrigeration at 40'F/4'C.
- Prepare the tea biscuit mix with water according to package directions. Set aside batter until later step.
- Steam the frozen broccoli florets in the steamer for ~2-4 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt margarine. Saute onion until softened. Whisk in flour and cook until bubbly, about 1 minute. Gradually stir in milk and bring to a simmer. Cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Whisk in cheese, and cook until melted for 1-2 minutes. Season with the spices and stir in broccoli. Remove from heat.
- Spray a 2" deep insert pan with cooking spray. Spread broccoli and cheese mixture into the bottom of the pan, then top with the shredded chicken. Place 5 ml/1 tsp of the prepared tea biscuit batter in spoonful's over the chicken with 1"/2.5 cm space in between each spoonful of batter.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces and scatter on top of the biscuits.
- Spray the top of the tea biscuit batter with cooking spray. Sprinkle the parsley on top. Bake in oven for ~20-25 minutes until the biscuits are golden and cooked through. CCP-Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds.
Serve with a tossed green salad with vinaigrette dressing or PEI mixed vegetables (sides not included in nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 310 g/11 oz
|Total Fat||26 g|
|Trans Fats||0.72 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Total Sugars||7 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||71.56 RE|
|Vitamin C||0.71 mg|
|Calories from Protein||24 %|