419 g/14.8 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Tender Lovin’ Chicken Tender (64270)
|Breaded Chicken Tenders||2 kg||4 lbs 6 oz|
|Olive Oil||100 ml||1/3 cup + 4 tsp|
|Onion, frozen, diced||235 g||8 oz|
|Mushrooms, fresh, sliced||3.125 L||12 1/2 cups|
|Arborio Rice, dry||1160 g||2 lbs 9 oz|
|Garlic, minced||30 ml||2 Tbsp|
|Cooking Wine or White Wine||750 ml||3 cups|
|Chicken Broth, reduced sodium||5 L||20 cups|
|Parmesan Cheese, shredded||160 g||5.6 oz|
|Parsley, dried||175 ml||3/4 cup|
- Preheat convection oven to 350'F/177'C. Place frozen chicken tenders on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for ~ 20 minutes; turn after 10 minutes to ensure even browning on all sides. Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds. Transfer to insert pan with lid. At point of service, slice chicken tenders into thin strips diagonally and place on top of the risotto. CCP-Product held at >140'F/60C.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add frozen diced onions and sliced mushrooms, stirring frequently. Saute until golden brown for about 4 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Stir in rice and minced garlic; cook until the edge of rice is translucent but center is still opaque about 2 minutes.
- Add cooking wine or white wine and cook until wine is absorbed, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil over high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered. Stir occasionally until almost all liquid is absorbed, rice is creamy and tender; about 25 minutes.
- In the last 5 minutes, add cheese and parsley.
- At point of service: Serve 250 mls Mushroom Risotto. Place 80 grams of sliced breaded Chicken Tenders on top of the risotto. Garnish with additional parmesan cheese if desired.
Serve with vinaigrette tossed green salad or steamed green vegetable and garlic bread (sides not included in the nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 419 g/14.8 oz
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.1 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||2.8 g|
|Vitamin A||21.5 RE|
|Vitamin C||3.2 mg|
|Calories from Protein||19 %|