1 each (183 g/6.5 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Fully Cooked Chicken Tenders (#10831)
|Chicken Tenders, breaded, fully cooked||2 kg||4 lbs 6 oz|
|Submarine Bun, 12" length, 123 g||8 1/3 each||8 1/3 each|
|Margarine||250 ml||1 cup|
|Garlic Powder||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Spaghetti Sauce, Italian, RTS||750 ml||26 oz|
|Mozzarella Cheese Slice, 19 g each||475 g||1 lb 1 oz|
|Fresh Basil Leaves,||375 ml||1 1/2 cup|
- Preheat convection oven to 350'F/177'C. Place fully cooked, frozen chicken tenders on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for ~20 minutes; turn after 10 minutes to ensure even browning on all sides. Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds.
- Cut the submarine bun lengthwise if not already cut; the 12" submarine bun can be cut into 3's to yield 4" pieces. Butter both sides of the submarine bun and sprinkle with garlic powder and place on baking sheet.
- Heat the prepared Italian spaghetti sauce in pot on stove; stirring after 1 minute. Ensure the sauce reaches >140'F/60'C. Reserve for later step.
- To assemble sub: place 2 chicken fingers (80 g/2.8 oz) on buttered submarine bun, then place 1 slice(19 g/0.7 oz) of mozzarella cheese on chicken fingers. Broil for ~ 3 minutes until the cheese is melted. Ensure the bun is split open to allow the top of the bun to toast and the cheese to melt on top of the chicken tenders.
- At point of service: Serve 1 bun with 30 mls/1 oz of heated spaghetti sauce ladled on top of melted cheese/chicken tenders. Top with 15 mls of chopped fresh basil and close bun; cut in half. Serve 2 x 1/2's bun immediately.
Serve with mixed green lettuce salad or 5 bean salad (sides not included in the nutritional information)
Nutritional Info per 1 each (183 g/6.5 oz)
|Total Fat||21.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||5.8 g|
|Total Sugar||4.4 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||2.1 g|
|Vitamin A||85 RE|
|Vitamin C||6.1 mg|
|Calories from Protein||22 %|