Featured Maple Leaf Product: Maple Leaf Fully Cooked Shaved Steak (#33548)
|Shaved Steak, fully cooked||1.5 kg||3.3 lbs|
|Lime Juice||60 ml||1/2 cup|
|Garlic, minced||30 ml||2 Tbsp|
|Brown Sugar||30 ml||2 Tbsp|
|Cumin Powder||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Chili Powder||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Canola Oil||30 ml||2 Tbsp|
|Green Peppers, sliced||400 g||14 oz|
|Red Peppers, sliced||400 g||14 oz|
|Red Onions, thinly sliced||250 g||8.8 oz|
|Cheddar Cheese, shredded||400 g||14 oz|
|Whole Wheat Tortillas||25 each(64 g)||25 each (2.2oz)|
|Cilantro, fresh, chopped||60 ml||1/4 cup|
- The day before, thaw the cooked shaved steak in the refrigerator on pan under refrigeration at 40'F/4'C or lower.
- In a bowl, prepare the fajita sauce by combining the lime juice, minced garlic, brown sugar, cumin and chili powder. Mix together and set side.
- Slice the green and red peppers into thin slices. Slice the red onions into thin slices. In a large pan, heat the canola oil and saute the peppers and onions until golden brown and cooked. Remove and set aside to build the fajitas.
- To the same large pan, add the shaved steak and saute until warm, Add the fajita sauce and saute the shaved steak until a temperature of 165'F/74'C is reached.
- To build the fajitas, lay out the tortilla wrap and place 60 grams of heated shaved steak on wrap, followed by the sauteed vegetables. Top with 16 g of shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Optional-place assembled fajitas into a parchment lined insert pan and bake in preheated convection oven at 325'F to melt the cheese prior to service. Ensure internal temperature is >140'F/60'C.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve 1 each along with optional sides of 2 oz/60 ml sour cream and 2 oz/60 ml salsa.
Serve with spanish rice and green side vegetables (sides not included in the nutritional information)
Nutritional Info per 1 each
|Total Fat||12.2 g|
|Saturated Fat||5.5 g|
|Total Sugar||1.7 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||4.7 g|
|Vitamin A||50 RE|
|Vitamin C||1.8 mg|
|Calories from Fat||31 %|