Featured Maple Leaf Product: 1/2″ Diced Cooked Chicken (#43848)
|Diced Chicken, 1/2", cooked||1.5 kg||3 lbs 5 oz|
|Penne Pasta, dry||1.05 kg||2 lbs 5 oz|
|Margarine||125 ml||1/2 cup|
|Garlic, minced||20 g||1 oz|
|Flour, all-purpose||90 g||3 oz|
|Milk, 2%||1.5 L||6 cups|
|Heavy Whipping Cream, 35%||750 ml||3 cups|
|Parmesan Cheese||280 g||10 oz|
|Mozzarella Cheese, shredded||750 g||1 lbs 10 oz|
|Salt, table||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Black Pepper, ground||20 ml||4 tsp|
|Parsley, fresh, chopped||60 ml||1/4 cup|
- The day before, thaw the diced chicken in a slotted insert pan under refrigeration at <4'C/40'F.
- Cook penne pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium hot, melt margarine. Add the minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the milk and cream, then simmer; whisk constantly until sauce has thickened. Mix in the parmesan cheese and 2/3rd of the shredded mozzarella cheese to the milk mixture along with the salt and pepper.
- Place the penne pasta and thawed chicken in a large bowl. Pour the alfredo sauce over top and toss to coat evenly. Pour the pasta mixture into a greased 2" deep insert pan and spread evenly with a spatula. Top with the remaining 1/3 of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until pasta is bubbly and the cheese has turned slightly brown. CCP-Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds.
- Sprinkle, chopped fresh parsley over the top and serve Chicken Alfredo Bake using solid spoon.
Serve with tossed garden salad with vinaigrette and garlic bread (sides not included in the nutritional information).