280 g/9.8 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Pulled Chicken, fully cooked (#26995)
|Pulled Chicken, cooked||1.5 Kg||3.3 lbs|
|Whole wheat Spaghetti , dry||1.15 Kg||2.5 lbs|
|Canola Oil||125 ml||1/2 cup|
|White Onion, fresh, chopped||170 g||6 oz|
|Green Pepper, fresh, chopped||240 g||8.4 oz|
|Red Pepper, fresh, chopped||265 g||9.3 oz|
|Garlic, minced||20 g||0.7 oz|
|Black Ground Pepper||5 mL||1 tsp|
|Table Salt||15 mL||1 Tbsp|
|Paprika||5 mL||1 tsp|
|Carrots, fresh, shredded||175 mL||3/4 cup|
|All Purpose Flour||175 mL||3/4 cup|
|Chicken Broth, reduced sodium, prepared||750 mL||3 cups|
|Milk, 2%||1.55 L||6 1/4 cup|
|Cheddar Cheese, shredded||900 g||2 lbs 4 oz|
- The day before, thaw the cooked pulled chicken under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C.
- Preheat convection oven to 375'F/190'C and lightly grease a full-sized 2" deep insert pan.
- Break spaghetti in half and cook according to package directions until just al dente (it will continue to cook in the oven). Remove from the heat and drain. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion, green pepper and red pepper. Cook until soft.
- Add garlic, pepper, salt and paprika to the vegetables and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in shredded carrots.
- Stir in flour until completely absorbed. Add broth and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until thickened for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in milk and continue cooking until slightly thickened ~5 minutes. Stir in two-thirds of cheddar cheese and stir until melted; remove from heat.
- Place cooked spaghetti noodles and shredded chicken into the prepared insert pan. Top with prepared sauce and stir gently to combine. Sprinkle with the remaining one third of the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes uncovered until hot and bubbly. Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C is held for at least 15 seconds.
- At point of service, sprinkle with fresh or dried parsley and parmesan cheese.
Serve with Caesar Salad and toasted garlic bread (sides not included in the nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 280 g/9.8 oz
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Trans Fats||0.48 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Total Sugars||7 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||5.1 g|
|Vitamin A||248.2 RE|
|Vitamin C||22.1 mg|
|Calories from Protein||28 %|