200 g/7 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Broiled Meatballs, 10g each (#40118)
|Meatballs, broiled, 10 g each||1.5 kg||3 lbs 5 oz|
|Canola Oil||45 ml||3 Tbsp|
|Onions, diced, frz||190 g||7 oz|
|Garlic, minced||15 g||0.5 oz|
|Mushroom, fresh, sliced||1.5 kg||3 lbs 5 oz|
|Flour, all-purpose||45 ml||3 Tbsp|
|Beef Broth, reduced sodium, prepared||1.125 L||4 1/2 cups|
|Sour Cream||400 ml||1 2/3 cup|
|Parmesan Cheese||400 ml||1 2/3 cup|
|Dijon Mustard||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Worcestershire Sauce||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
- The day before, thaw the broiled meatballs under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil and then add the diced onion, minced garlic, and sliced mushrooms. Cook until all liquid that the mushrooms might have released has cooked off and the mushrooms start to turn brown.
- Add the flour and stir into the mushrooms/onions; add the beef broth slowly. Continue to stir until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the sour cream, parmesan cheese, dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and stir until combined.
- Add the thawed meatballs in the sauce. Bring to a simmer and heat for ~ 20 minutes until the meatballs are warm and until the sauce is thick and creamy. CCP-Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds.
- At the point of service, serve 6 meatballs each along with the sauce. Garnish with fresh or dried parsley.
Serve over a bed of buttered egg noodles, steamed green beans and garlic toast (sides not included in the nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 200 g/7 oz
|Total Fat||12.4 g|
|Trans Fats||0.06 g|
|Saturated Fat||5.0 g|
|Total Sugars||2 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||0.8 g|
|Vitamin A||31.12 RE|
|Vitamin C||1.26 mg|
|Calories from Protein||27 %|