250 mL/1 cup
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Fully-Cooked Turkey Breast Strips, IQF, grilled (#64358)
|Cooked Turkey Breast Strips, IQF||1.4 Kg||3 lbs 1 oz|
|Fusilli Dry Pasta||1 Kg||2 lbs 3 oz|
|Margarine, soft||115 g||4.1 oz|
|Fresh onions, finely chopped||350 g||12 oz|
|Fresh celery, diced||250 g||9 oz|
|Poultry Seasoning||10 mL||2 tsp|
|Garlic Powder||10 mL||2 tsp|
|All Purpose Flour||110 g||4 oz|
|Vegetable Mix, 5-Way, Frz||1.4 L||6 cups|
|Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth||1.4 L||6 cups|
|Plain Cream Cheese||250 mL||1 cup|
|Parmesan Cheese||70 g||3 oz|
- The day before, thaw turkey strips under refrigeration at 40°F/4°C.
- Cook the pasta per package instructions. Drain and rinse.
- In a large stockpot, melt margarine over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, poultry seasoning, and garlic powder; cook until onion is translucent for about four minutes. Add flour and mix with the vegetables, stirring for one minute.
- Gradually add the reduced sodium chicken broth, stirring constantly, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add cream cheese; simmer for five minutes, stirring throughout.
- Add the mixed vegetables and the turkey strips and combine with the sauce. Cook until the vegetables are al dente and the internal temperature of the turkey reaches 165°F/74°C for a minimum of 15 seconds. Add the pasta and the Parmesan cheese to the stock pot and toss to combine. Transfer to a 6 inch deep insert pan and hold at >140°F/60°C until service.
- Serve 250 mls per serving using 8 ounce spoodle. Garnish with additional Parmesan or dried or fresh parsley.
Serve with a garden salad and toasted garlic bread; garnish with parsley if desired (sides not included in nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 250 mL/1 cup
|Calories from Protein||23%|
|Total Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Total Sugars||4 g|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fats||0.05 g|
|Vitamin A||233.35 RE|
|Vitamin C||4.31 mg|