200 g/7 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Turkey, 1/2″, fully cooked (#64364)
|Diced Turkey, 1/2", cooked||1.5 Kg||3.3 lbs|
|Margarine||250 mL||1 cup|
|Mushrooms, fresh, sliced||1.05 L||4 1/4 cups|
|Red Pepper, fresh, chopped fine||500 mL||2 cups|
|All Purpose Flour||250 mL||1 cup|
|Milk, 2 %||2.1 L||8 1/3 cups|
|Ground Nutmeg||5 mL||1 tsp|
|Dry Mustard Powder||5 mL||1 tsp|
|Garlic Powder||5 mL||1 tsp|
|Onion Powder||5 mL||1 tsp|
|Peas, frozen||665 mL||2 2/3 cups|
- The day before, thaw the diced turkey under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C.
- In a saucepan, melt margarine over medium-low heat for ~5 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and finely chopped red peppers and cook until browned.
- Stir in the flour until well absorbed.
- Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly; add nutmeg, mustard powder, garlic powder and, onion powder.
- Cook, stirring until thickened. Add the frozen peas and diced turkey and cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C is held for at least 15 seconds.
- At the point of service, serve 200 g using a 6 oz spoodle per serving on a slice of toasted bread, on steamed rice or in puff pastry shell.
Serve in a baked puff pastry shell, on serve on a slice of buttered toast or on a bed of rice with tossed garden salad (sides not included in the nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 200 g/7 oz