276 g/9.7 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Schneiders Tempura Battered Chicken Balls (#41122)
|Tempura Battered Chicken Balls, 1 each=25 g||2.5 kg||5.5 lbs|
|Orange Marmalade||250 ml||1 cup|
|Soya Sauce, low sodium||45 ml||3 Tbsp|
|White Vinegar||20 ml||1 1/3 Tbsp|
|Chinese Rice Noodles, dry||450 g||1 lb|
|Sesame Oil||60 ml||1/4 cup|
|Garlic, minced||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
|Sweet Red Peppers. cut into strips||850 g||1 lb 14 oz|
|Oriental Vegetable Mix, frozen||1.750 kg||3.9 lbs|
|Sugar Snap Peas. fresh||360 g||12.6 oz|
|Soya Sauce, low sodium||30 ml||2 Tbsp|
|Chicken Broth, low sodium, prepared||250 ml||1 cup|
|Almonds, sliced||300 ml||1 1/4 cup|
- Preheat convection oven to 350'F/177'C.
- Place frozen chicken balls on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for ~20 minutes; turn the chicken balls after 10 minutes to ensure even browning on all sides. Cook to an internal temperature of 165'C/74'C held for at least 15 seconds. Transfer to an insert pan with lid. Hold at >140'F/60'C until service.
- In a small pan on the stove, mix together marmalade, 1st amount of soya sauce and vinegar. Heat until warm and then toss with heated chicken balls. Hold at >140'F/74'C.
- While chicken balls are baking, cook Chinese Rice Noodles according to package directions. Once cooked, drain and then rinse with cold water. Hold till later step.
- In a large skillet or grill top, heat sesame oil. Saute minced garlic, red pepper strips, and frozen oriental vegetables; stir in a folding motion. Cook until vegetables are tender-crisp. In the last few minutes of cooking, add in the snow peas and cook until all the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Combine the second portion of soya sauce and prepared chicken broth; mix into vegetables and then add in the cooked rice noodles and sliced almonds. Reduce heat. Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds.
- At point of service, serve 250 mls of noodle & vegetable mixture and place 4 chicken balls (100 g) on top.
May garnish with soya sauce and chopped green onions (sides not included in the nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 276 g/9.7 oz
|Total Fat||12.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.7 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Vitamin A||210 RE|
|Vitamin C||72 mg|
|Calories from Protein||18 %|