1/6th pie (195 g/6.8 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Field Roast Italian Crumble (#31435)
|Field Roast Italian Crumble, Vegan, Ckd, thawed, 907 kg pkg||1 kg||2 lbs 3 oz|
|Baby Spinach, fresh||1.15 kg||2 lbs 9 oz|
|Havarti Cheese, shredded||475 g||1 lbs 1 oz|
|Parmesan Cheese, grated||115 g||4 oz|
|Milk, 2%||660 ml||2 2/3 cup|
|Table Cream, 10%||250 ml||1 cup|
|Liquid Eggs, whole||1.2 L or 21 large eggs||4 3/4 cups or 21 large eggs|
|Nutmeg, ground||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
|Salt, table||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Black Pepper, ground||10 ml||2 tsp|
- The day before, thaw the vegan Italian crumble in a slotted insert pan under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C.
- Preheat convection oven to 325'F/165'C/ Spray 9" pie dish(s) with cooking spray or alternatively use 2" deep insert pan.
- Heat the canola oil in a large skillet on low heat. Add the spinach and cook until wilted, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes. Drain spinach well.
- Place the Italian Crumble in bowl and break apart with a fork; add the cooked spinach.
- Evenly spread the Italian Vegan Crumble and spinach mixture in pie dishes. Top evenly with the havarti and parmesan cheese.
- Prepare the egg mixture: whisk together the milk, cream, eggs, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the vegan Italian crumble/spinach in the pie dishes and bake 30-35 minutes until the center is set. CCP-Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds.
- Cut each 9" pie dish into 6 servings. Serve 1/6th pie (195 g) per serving. May garnish with a dollop of sour cream and fresh parsley on top.
Serve with grilled hash brown potatoes and a slice of tomato or tossed garden salad.
Nutritional Info per 1/6th pie (195 g/6.8 oz)
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Total Sugars||4 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||3.01 g|
|Trans Fats||0.25 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Calories from Protein||34%|