190 g/6.7 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: 1/2″ Diced Cooked Chicken (#43848)
|Diced Chicken, 1/2", cooked, thawed||1.5 kg||3 lbs 5 oz|
|Hoisin Sauce||375 ml||1 1/2 cup|
|Chili Sauce||20 ml||4 tsp|
|Soya Sauce, reduced sodium||80 ml||1/3 cup|
|Chicken Broth, reduced sodium||375 ml||1 1/2 cup|
|White Onions, fresh, diced into 1/2" pieces||500 g||1 lbs 2 oz|
|Canola Oil||175 ml||3/4 cup|
|Garlic, minced||60 g||2 oz|
|Rice Vinegar||250 ml||1 cup|
|Cashews, dry roasted||1.410 L||5 2/3 cups|
|Green Onions, chopped||510 g||1 lbs 2 oz|
- The day before, thaw the diced chicken in a slotted insert pan under refrigeration at <4'C/40'F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together hoisin sauce, chili sauce, soya sauce and chicken broth; set aside,
- Dice onions into 1/2 " pieces. In a large skillet or grill top, heat the oil over medium high heat . Saute the onions for ~ 3 minutes until soft and translucent, stirring often. Add garlic and heat for ~1 minutes; add rice vinegar and stir. Cook for another minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the thawed diced chicken and the hoisin sauce mixture. Stir to combine and cook for ~ 5 minutes to warm through. Remove from heat and stir in cashews and green onions. CCP: Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds.
- At point of service, serve 190 g of cashew chicken using a 6 oz spoodle.
Serve with steamed jasmine rice and sauteed green beans/broccoli/carrots (sides not included in the nutritional information).