#8 scoop (130 g/4.6 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Field Roast Italian Crumble (#31435)
|Plant Based Italian Crumbles, thawed, each=907 g pouch||750 g||1 lb 7 oz|
|Liquid Whole Egg or Large Eggs||1.3 L OR 25 large eggs||5 1/3 cups OR 25 large eggs|
|2% Milk||675 ml||2 3/4 cups|
|Black Ground Pepper||10 ml||2 tsp.|
|Soft Margarine or Butter||20 ml||1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp.|
|Cheddar Cheese, Grated||313 g||11 oz|
|Red Peppers, Frozen, Diced||146 g||5.2 oz|
- The day before, thaw the plant-based Italian Crumble under refrigeration and maintain <40F/4C.
- Preheat the convection oven to 375F/190C.
- Break eggs or alternatively use liquid eggs and pour into a mixer bowl. Beat slightly on medium speed using a wire whisk. Add milk and pepper to eggs; beat until blended.
- Melt margarine in a large skillet, griddle or steamer. Pour in egg mixture into large skillet/griddle or pour egg mixture into a 2" deep insert pan with melted margarine to place in steamer.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally. Once eggs start to form into lumps, add shredded cheese and diced frozen red peppers. Cook until desired consistency and eggs are glossy. CCP-Cook to an internal temperature of 165F/74C held for at least 15 seconds.
- Meanwhile, when eggs are cooking, transfer plant-based Italian Crumble to insert pan and cover with lid. Heat in a steamer for ~5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F/74C and held for at least 15 seconds. Stir into prepared egg and cheese scramble; toss gently. CCP-Maintain >140F/60C until service.
- At point of service, may garnish with a sprinkle of dried/fresh chopped parsley. Serve 125 mls/1/2 cup per serving using #8 scoop.
Serve with buttered toast, fried potatoes and fresh fruit (sides not included in nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per #8 scoop (130 g/4.6 oz)
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Trans Fats||0.08 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Sugars||10 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||114.58 RE|
|Vitamin C||3.49 mg|
|Calories from Protein||33 %|