2 x 1/2's
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Boneless Toupie Ham (#52672)
|Toupie Boneless Ham, fresh, slice into 60 g slices||1.45 kg||3.2 lbs|
|Apple, cored & sliced||600 g||21 oz|
|Eggs, large OR Liquid Eggs||12 each or 615 mls||12 each or 2 2/3 cups|
|Milk, 2%||350 mls||1 1/3 cups|
|Nutmeg, ground||10 ml||2 tso|
|Thick Sliced Bread or French Bread (1 slice =36 g)||50 slices||50 slices|
|Cheddar Cheese, sliced||1 kg||2.2 lbs|
|Canola Oil||175 ml||3/4 cup|
|Maple Syrup||750 ml||3 cups|
|Icing Sugar, sifted||60 ml||1/4 cup|
- Slice toupie ham into 60 slices using a meat slicer or by hand. Hold at <40'F/4'C until later step.
- Core apples and cut into thin slices. Set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, beat liquid eggs, milk, and nutmeg.
- Lay slices of the thick-sliced or French bread on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Top each bread slice with 1 slice (21g) of cheddar cheese, then layer a single layer of sliced apples (25 g) on top, sliced toupie ham(60 g), and then with another slice (21g) of cheddar slice. Top each with the remaining slices of bread.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Grease heated grill with oil.
- Dip each sandwich into the egg batter, coating completely and place directly on the grill. Cook sandwiches for 3-4 minutes per side until the bread is golden and cheese is melted. Remove from the grill and place in a 2" deep insert pan with lid. Hold at >140'F/60'C until service.
- Cut each sandwich into half diagonally along with 1 oz/30 mls of maple syrup. Dust lightly with powdered sugar.
Serve with carrot raisin salad and maple syrup (sides not included in the nutritional information)
Nutritional Info per 2 x 1/2's
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Trans Fat||0.54 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Total Sugars||32 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||1.64 g|
|Vitamin A||183.2 RE|
|Vitamin C||0.99 mg|
|Calories from Protein||20 %|