Featured Maple Leaf Products:
Schneiders Roller Grill Wieners 7″ 5/lb (#13676)
Schneiders Roller Grill Wieners 6″ 6/lb (#13633)
Schneiders Roller Grill Wieners 6″ 10/lb (#13641)
Schneiders Roller Grill Wieners 5″ 12/lb (#13404)
|Roller Grill Wieners, sliced 1/4 inch thick on diagonal||25 each (2.250 Kg)||25 each (4.95 lbs)|
|Sweet Potato, peeled and chopped into 1/4-1/2 " cubes||715 g||1 lbs 9 oz|
|Carrots, peeled and finely diced||210 g||4 oz|
|Yellow Onion, fresh, finely chopped||270 g||10 oz|
|Celery, fresh, finely chopped||250 g||8 oz|
|Green Lentils, canned, drained||2.25 L||9 cups|
|Canola Oil||125 mL||1/2 cup|
|Black Pepper, gound||10 mL||2 tsp|
|Garlic, minced||60 mL||1/4 cup|
|Thyme, dried||20 mL||4 tsp|
|Kale, fresh, chopped||1.1 Kg||2.4 lbs|
- The day before, thaw wieners under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C.
- Chop peeled sweet potatoes into 1/4-1/2 inch cubes. Finely dice peeled carrots, finely chop yellow onions, and celery. Set aside. Slice the wieners 1/4 inch thick on a diagonal; hold at <40'F/4'C until later step. Rinse and drain the can of cooked lentils; set aside.
- In a large skillet or on the grill, heat the oil. Once the oil is hot, add the onions, celery, carrots and sweet potatoes and cook for about 6-7 minutes (or until softened).
- Add the wieners, garlic, thyme, and saute for about one minute. Add the chopped kale to the skillet and continue cooking until the kale wilts. Add the cooked green lentils and saute until the lentils are combined with the kale and sweet potato mixture and warmed through; add pepper. Ensure the internal temperature reaches 165'F/74'C held for a minimum of 15 seconds.
- Serve 200 mL per serving using a 6 oz spoodle.
Serve with toasted garlic bread/small dinner roll & tossed garden salad (sides not included in the nutritional information)