1/2 pepper each (290 g/10.3 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Skinless Turkey Dinner Sausage, FC, 114 g (#25191)
|Turkey Dinner Sausage, FC, 1/4" diced, 114 g each||13 sausages (1.5 kg)||13 sausages (3 lbs 5 oz)|
|Rice, white, parboiled f/Dry||400 g||14 oz|
|Water, tap||800 ml||3 1/4 cups|
|Green Peppers, fresh, cut crosswise||2.75 kg||6 lbs 1 oz|
|Spaghetti Sauce, Italian, divided||1.25 L||5 cups|
|Spinach, chopped, frz||250 g||8.8 oz|
|Cheese, Mozzarella, shredded, divided||313 g||11 oz|
|Italian Seasoning||45 ml||3 Tbsp|
- The day before, thaw the Skinless Turkey Sausage under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C.
- Preheat convection oven to 325'F/165'C and spray 4" deep insert pan with cooking spray.
- Cut turkey sausage into quarters lengthwise and dice or alternatively place turkey sausages in food processor and mince. Hold under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C until ready to assemble peppers.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Cut the tops from peppers, scoop out seeds and rinse. Cut peppers in half horizontally at the stem so that the peppers will sit on it's side in the insert pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together diced turkey sausage, cooked rice, half of the spaghetti sauce, spinach, half the mozzarella cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Lay the peppers on their side in the insert pan. Stuff with the meat/rice/spinach mixture until full. Pour the remaining amount of the spaghetti sauce over the peppers and top with the remaining amount of the mozzarella cheese. Cover the dish tightly with foil or a lid. Bake for 60 minutes in the oven with the lid on. Remove the lid and bake for an additional 20 minutes until the pepper is tender and the cheese is melted. Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds.
Serve with parslied cauliflower or buttered carrot coins and a crusty butter bun (sides not included in nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 1/2 pepper each (290 g/10.3 oz)
|Total Fat||12.5 g|
|Trans Fats||0.34 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Sugars||5 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||55.35 RE|
|Vitamin C||95.65 mg|
|Calories from Protein||27.4 %|