4 each (149 g/5.2 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Schneiders Tempura Battered Chicken Balls (#41122)
|Tempura Battered Chicken Balls, 1 each=25 grams||100 each (2.5 kg)||100 each (5.5 lbs)|
|Water||750 ml||3 cups|
|Lemon Juice||175 ml||3/4 cup|
|Custard Powder, dry mix||50 g||2 oz|
|White Sugar||90 ml||1/3 cup + 2 tsp|
|Shirriff Lemon Pie Filling & Dessert Mix, dry||75 ml||1/3 cup|
|Lemon Pepper||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Lemon Zest, fresh||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
|Sesame Seeds||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
|Green Onions, chopped||90 g||3 oz|
- Preheat convection oven to 350'F/177'C.
- Place frozen chicken balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for ~20 minutes; turn the balls after 10 minutes to ensure even browning on all sides. Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C for at least 15 seconds. Transfer cooked chicken balls to an insert pan with lid. Hold product at >140'F/60'C.
- Prepare the Lemon Sauce: In a saucepan, mix the water, lemon juice, custard powder mix, sugar, lemon pie filling dry mix, and lemon pepper. Bring to a boil while whisking and cook for 5 minutes.
- Toss the prepared chicken balls with the cooked lemon sauce. Stir in the lemon zest.
- At point of service, sprinkle with sesame seeds and the chopped green onions as a garnish. Serve 4 each (100 g) per serving.
Serve with steamed rice or chicken fried rice and broccoli/green vegetables (sides not included in the nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 4 each (149 g/5.2 oz)
|Total Fat||7.3 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||0.1 g|
|Vitamin A||0.08 RE|
|Vitamin C||2.1 mg|
|Calories from Protein||25 %|