125 g/4.4 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Maple Leaf Fully Cooked Shaved Steak (#33548)
|Shaved Steak, fully cooked||1.5 kg||3 lbs 5 oz|
|Soy Sauce, reduced sodium||155 ml||1/2 cup + 5 tsp|
|Cornstarch||70 ml||2 1/2 oz|
|White Sugar||70 g||2 1/2 oz|
|Water||150 ml||1/2 cup + 4 tsp|
|Canola Oil||45 ml||3 Tbsp|
|Green Peppers, fresh, cut into strips||560 g||1 lbs 4 oz|
|Red Peppers, fresh, cut into strips||500 g||1 lbs 2 oz|
|Garlic, minced||30 ml||2 Tbsp|
|Ginger Root, fresh, minced||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
|Black Pepper, ground||10 ml||2 tsp|
- The day before, thaw the cooked steak strips in a slotted insert pan under refrigeration at <4'C/40'F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soya sauce, cornstarch, sugar and water; set aside for a later step.
- Heat oil in a large skillet/grill top over medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced peppers and cook for ~ 5-8 minutes until tender. Add the minced garlic and ginger and cook for another 30 seconds. Add the thawed shaved steak and pour the sauce over the vegetables/meat mixture. Cook for ~5-10 minutes or until sauce has just thickened. Add black pepper to taste. CCP-Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds.
- At point of service, serve over prepared rice or rice noodles. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Serve with steamed jasmine rice and green vegetable (broccoli) (sides not included in the nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 125 g/4.4 oz
|Total Fat||4.3 g|
|Trans Fats||0.21 g|
|Saturated fat||1.8 g|
|Total Sugars||2.9 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||0.3 g|
|Vitamin A||37.7 RE|
|Vitamin C||26.3 mg|
|Calories from Protein||48 %|