125 g/4.4 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Maple Leaf Fully Cooked Shaved Steak (#33548)
|Shaved Steak, fully cooked||1.5 kg||3 lbs 5 oz|
|Soy Sauce, reduced sodium||155 ml||1/2 cup + 5 tsp|
|Cornstarch||70 ml||2 1/2 oz|
|White Sugar||70 g||2 1/2 oz|
|Water||150 ml||1/2 cup + 4 tsp|
|Canola Oil||45 ml||3 Tbsp|
|Green Peppers, fresh, cut into strips||560 g||1 lbs 4 oz|
|Red Peppers, fresh, cut into strips||500 g||1 lbs 2 oz|
|Garlic, minced||30 ml||2 Tbsp|
|Ginger Root, fresh, minced||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
|Black Pepper, ground||10 ml||2 tsp|
- The day before, thaw the cooked steak strips in a slotted insert pan under refrigeration at <4'C/40'F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soya sauce, cornstarch, sugar and water; set aside for a later step.
- Heat oil in a large skillet/grill top over medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced peppers and cook for ~ 5-8 minutes until tender. Add the minced garlic and ginger and cook for another 30 seconds. Add the thawed shaved steak and pour the sauce over the vegetables/meat mixture. Cook for ~5-10 minutes or until sauce has just thickened. Add black pepper to taste. CCP-Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds.
- At point of service, serve over prepared rice or rice noodles. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Serve with steamed jasmine rice and green vegetable (broccoli) (sides not included in the nutritional information).