1 each (175 g/6 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Products:
Schneiders Roller Grill Wieners 5” 12/lb (#13404)
Shopsys All Beef Jumbo Wiener 7″ – 5 lb (#71536)
Roller Grill Naturals Wiener 7″ 5/lb FZ (313605)
|Roller Grill Wieners||25 each (2.250 Kg)||25 each (4.95 Kg)|
|Dill Pickle Spears, drained, chopped fine||750 mL||3 cups|
|Pickle Juice||80 mL||1/3 cup|
|White Onion, fresh, chopped fine||175 mL||3/4 cup|
|Red Pepper, fresh, chopped fine||60 mL||1/4 cup|
|Lime Juice||8 mL||1/2 cup|
|Hot Dog Buns||25 each||25 each|
|Mustard||60 mL||1/4 cup|
- The day before, thaw wieners under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C.
- In a small bowl, combine finely chopped pickles, pickle juice, onion, red pepper and lime juice. Stir well to combine. Wrap and label. Hold at <40'F/4'C until service.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat or alternatively boil or steam the hotdogs. Ensure internal temperature reaches 165'F/74'C held for a minimum of 15 seconds. Hold at >140'F/60'C until service.
- Toast hot dog buns if desired.
- At point of service, place a wiener into a toasted hot dog bun and spoon 2 Tbsp/30 mL pickle de gallo over top. Drizzle with mustard.
Serve with ketchup and sweet potato fries or onion rings (sides not included in the nutritional information).