Featured Maple Leaf Product: Pulled Beef (26985)
|Pasta, Dry (short), Penne or Rotini or Macaroni types||800 g||1.76 Lbs|
|Water||1.6 L||6.8 cups|
|Canola Oil||50 mL||1.7 Fl oz|
|Green Peppers, Sliced||425 g||15 oz|
|Onions, Sliced||425 g||15 oz|
|Garlic, Minced||30 mL||1 Fl oz|
|Tomatoes, Fire Roasted, Canned||1.5 L||6.3 cups|
|White Pepper||3 mL||0.6 tsp|
|Dried Basil||15 mL||1 tbsp|
|Ground Cumin||10 mL||2 tsp|
|Dried Oregano||10 mL||2 tsp|
|Schneiders Pulled Beef||1.25 Kg||2.75 lbs|
|Cheddar Cheese, Shredded||700 g||1.5 lbs|
- In a large pot, heat water to a full rolling boil and add in pasta. Cook until al dente, rinse in cold water to cool and set aside.
- In a large skillet or pot, heat the oil and add sliced green peppers, sliced onions and minced garlic. Saute until vegetables are al dente. Add the pulled beef and saute with vegetables until the mixture begins to brown on the edges of the meat. Add the fire roasted canned tomatoes, white pepper, basil, cumin and oregano. Simmer for 20 minutes. Beef should reach a temperature of 160 F/70C.
- In a large bowl or pan, combine the cooked pasta and the beef mixture. Transfer to hotel pans and spread out evenly in the pans. Sprinkle an even coat of cheddar cheese across the top of the pans and bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 F (175 C) for 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is slightly brown on top.
- For an added touch, place sliced tomatoes evenly over the top of the pasta and beef mixture, before topping with cheese, to present one full tomato slice per portion as the casserole is transferred to service plates.
- Alternately, if using canned tomatoes that are more bland, consider adding more garlic, oregano and basil to the sauce. If the sauce is too thin after simmering, add 75 mL of canned tomato paste to thicken further (to 1.5 L of canned tomatoes). (Nutritional analysis will be different)
Slow cooked, tender pulled beef brisket. Serve with crusty bread or garlic bread and a side salad.
Nutritional Info per 272 g/9.6 oz
|Calories (45.5% from fat)||289 kcal|
|Saturated Fat||7.21 gm|
|Trans Fat||0.091 gm|
|Dietary Fiber||1.6 gm|
|Vitamin A||7 RE|
|Vitamin C||24 mg|