180 mls/6 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Pulled Chicken, cooked (#26995)
|Pulled Chicken, cooked||1.0 kg||2.2 lbs|
|Margarine||175 ml||3/4 cup|
|Yellow Onion, fresh, chopped fine||140 g||5 oz|
|Carrots, fresh, chopped fine||150 g||5 oz|
|Celery, fresh, chopped fine||120 g||4 oz|
|Red Pepper, fresh, chopped||235 g||8 oz|
|Flour, All-Purpose||200 ml||3/4 cup + 1 /2 Tbsp|
|Cream-Style Corn, canned||625 ml||2 1/2 cups|
|Kernel Corn, frozen||1.2 L||4 3/4 cups|
|Table Cream, 10% M.F.||800 ml||3 1/4 cups|
|Chicken Broth, reduced sodium, prepared||3.25 L||3 1/4 Quarts|
|Worcestershire Sauce||45 ml||3 Tbsp|
|Black Pepper, ground||10 ml||2 tsp|
- The day before, thaw the cooked pulled chicken under refrigeration at <4'C/40'F.
- In a large stockpot of steam jacket kettle, heat margarine over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery and red pepper; cook until tender for approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Add the flour, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in creamed corn, frozen corn, cream, prepared chicken broth, worcestershire sauce, and black pepper. Simmer for ~ 45 minutes and stir occasionally. Ensure the internal temperature reaches 165'F/74'C held for 15 seconds.
- At point of service, garnish with shredded cheddar cheese or chopped green onions.
Serve with Cheese & Tomato, Lettuce Sandwich served on multigrain bread and fresh cucumber slices (sides not included in the nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 180 mls/6 oz
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Trans Fat||0.01 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Sugars||5.0 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||1.9 g|
|Vitamin A||128.5 RE|
|Vitamin C||12.8 mg|
|Calories from Protein||22 %|