1 each (231 g/8.2 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Sure Slice Roast Beef, whole muscle sliced beef, 3 x 1 kg (#21333)
|Sure Slice Roast Beef, deli meat, 2 slices(48 g)||1.2 kg||2 lbs 10.3 oz|
|Beef Broth, RTS, reduced sodium||750 ml||3 cups|
|Mayonnaise||250 ml||1 cup|
|BBQ Sauce||250 ml||1 cup|
|Green Leaf Lettuce, 4 g portions||25 each||25 each|
|Tomatoes, sliced||900 g||1 lb 15.8 oz|
|Hoagie Bun, Whole Grain, 52 g each||25 each||25 each|
|Cheddar Cheese, sliced, 20 g each||500 g||1 lb 1.6 oz|
- Preheat convection oven at 300'F/150'C.
- Place roast beef deli meat in an insert pan and pour prepared low sodium beef broth over beef. Cover with lid/foil. Heat at 300'F/150'C convection oven for ~20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds. Hold at >140'F/60'C until ready to assemble sandwiches.
- Mix mayonnaise and barbeque sauce together in a small bowl and cover with wrap; hold under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C until assembly of sandwiches.
- Cut the fresh tomatoes into slices and the green leaf lettuce into pieces. Set aside until service when ready to build the sandwich.
- Cut whole-wheat bun in half (if not already cut) and place on baking sheet.
- To build each sandwich: Place split buns on baking sheet and place 20 mls/4 tsp of Mayo/BBQ Sauce on bottom of bun; then 2 slices (48 g) of the warmed deli roast beef followed by 1 slice (20 g) sliced cheddar cheese on top and leave open. Broil 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted. Remove from oven and transfer to an insert pan. Place bun on top of sandwich. Hold at >140'F/60'C until service.
- At point of service, open top of bun and place 35 g of tomato(es) slices on top, followed by a lettuce leaf (4 g). Close up bun and serve immediately.
Serve with french fries or a vinaigrette based salad i.e. coleslaw, pasta salad (sides not included in nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 1 each (231 g/8.2 oz)
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Total Sugars||7 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Trans Fats||0.38 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Vitamin A||100.06 RE|
|Vitamin C||1.02 mg|
|Calories from Protein||21 %|