228 g / 8.0 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Shaved Steak (33548)
|Shaved Steak||1.5 Kg||3.3 Lbs|
|Canola Oil||15 mL||1 Tbsp|
|Garlic, fresh, minced||30 mL||2 Tbsp|
|Black Pepper||15 mL||1 Tbsp|
|Romaine Lettuce, cleaned and chopped||2 Kg||4.4 Lbs|
|Tomatoes, fresh, diced||500 g||1.1 Lbs|
|Cucumber, fresh, sliced||375 g||13 oz|
|Red Onion, sliced||170 g||6 oz|
|Pita Bread, triangles or chunks, toasted||4 whole pita rounds||4 whole pita rounds|
|Parsley, fresh, chopped||45 mL||3 Tbsp|
|Apple Cider Vinegar||188 mL||6.4 Fl oz|
|Honey||5 mL||1 tsp|
|Dijon Mustard||15 mL||1 Tbsp|
|Black Pepper||5 mL||1 tsp|
|Salt||5 mL||1 tsp|
|Canola Oil||562 mL||2.35 cups|
- Preheat convection or Combi oven to 325 F. Ensure that the shaved steak is fully defrosted.
- In a bowl, combine the canola oil, garlic and black pepper. Whisk to mix and add the shaved steak and mix until fully coated. Place the shaved steak on a parchment lined baking sheet, making sure not to overlap or place on top of each other.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 5-8 minutes, depending on the heat of the oven. Ensure that an internal temperature of 165 F (74 C) has been reached. Reserve and chill in the refrigerator.
- Once the steak has chilled, combine with the romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, and parsley. Do not add the pita chips, wait until just prior to service to add the chips.
- In another bowl, to make the dressing, combine the apple cider vinegar, honey, mustard, second canola oil, salt and pepper. Just prior to service, combine the salad ingredients, pita chips and dressing. Serve cold.
Nutritional Info per 228 g / 8.0 oz
|Calories (62.6% from fat)||342 kcal|
|Saturated Fat||2.24 gm|
|Trans Fat||0.086 gm|
|Dietary Fiber||3.5 gm|
|Vitamin A||4 RE|
|Vitamin C||24 mg|