170 g/6 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Bacon Chips, Fully Cooked, 1 inch (#13509)
|Hashbrown potatoes, shredded, frozen||1.8 kg||3 lbs 15 oz|
|Canola oil||125 ml||1/2 cup|
|Onion powder||20 ml||4 tsp|
|Dry oregano||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Dry ground basil||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Cheddar & Jack mix cheese, shredded||500 g||1 lb 2 oz|
|Large fresh egg||25 each||25 each|
|Ground black pepper||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Bacon Chips, I inch, RTE||375 g||13 oz|
|Green onions, chopped||125 ml||1/2 cup|
- Take out frozen shredded hash brown potatoes from the freezer and allow them to thaw at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the convection oven to 375'F/190'C.
- Grease a large baking sheet with oil using a brush.
- In a large bowl, combine thawed shredded hashbrowns and seasonings. Spread evenly into the oil on the baking sheet. Bake until golden brown for ~25-30 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and sprinkle the hashbrowns with the shredded cheese. With the back of a spoon, make wells in the potato mixture, about 3" apart.
- Break an egg in each well; sprinkle with black pepper. Sprinkle the bacon chips on top of the cheese and all around the egg yolks. Place in the oven and bake until the egg whites are completely set and the yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, ~10 minutes. Ensure the internal temperature reaches 165'F/74'C for a minimum of 15 seconds.
- Cut the bacon potato eggs sheet pan into 3-inch by 3-inch squares with the egg yolk in the center of each piece.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle green onions on top. Alternatively, place portions into a 2" deep insert pan. Place parchment paper in between the layers and cover with a lid/aluminum foil to hold until service. The eggs will continue to cook while holding so it is best to undercook the yolk if not serving immediately.
Serve with buttered toast and fresh cut veggies or tomato slices (sides not included in the nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 170 g/6 oz
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated fat||7 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Vitamin A||96 RE|
|Vitamin C||4.28 mg|
|Calories from protein||18%|