215 g / 7.5 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Italian Sausage (63185)
|Italian Dinner Sausage||2.0 Kg||4.4 lbs|
|Onions, diced, frozen||230 g||8.1 oz|
|Red Bell Peppers, diced, frozen||230 g||8.1 oz|
|Canola Oil||30 mL||2 Tbsp|
|Green Onions, chopped||170 g||6 oz|
|Feta Cheese, diced, drained||170 g||6 oz|
|Potatoes, raw, peeled, shredded||1.7 Kg||3.75 Lbs|
|Flour, All Purpose||750 mL||3.2 cups|
|Eggs, fresh||6 Each||6 Each|
|Baking Powder||7.5 mL||1.5 tsp|
|Salt||5 mL||1 tsp|
|Sour Cream||125 mL||4.2 fl oz|
- Preheat convection or Combi oven to 350 F. Ensure that the sausages are defrosted fully.
- In a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, add oil and when hot saute onions and peppers for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reserve
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, spread out the sausages and roast for 12-16 minutes, depending on the heat of the oven. Ensure the sausage reaches an internal temperature of 165 F (74 C). Chill, once cooled, cut into rounds. Reserve.
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, heat water to a boil, season with salt. While the water is heating, in a large bowl, combine the potatoes, flour, eggs, baking powder and salt. Roll the dough onto a cutting board and divide into 4 sections. Roll each section into long tubes and then the tubes into tablespoon-sized pieces. Cook the small dumplings in the salted water for 2-3 minutes. When they begin to float, remove and reserve.
- In a parchment lined 2" hotel pan, place the dumplings on the bottom, top with the peppers, onions, green onions, sausage rounds and feta cheese. Bake until heated. Melt the cheese on the mixture and serve warm.
Garnish with a spoon of sour cream on top of the dish when served (included in nutritional analysis).
Nutritional Info per 215 g / 7.5 oz
|Calories (56.6% from fat)||453 kcal|
|Saturated Fat||10.14 gm|
|Trans Fat||0.224 gm|
|Dietary Fiber||1.9 gm|
|Vitamin A||0 RE|
|Vitamin C||23 mg|