Featured Maple Leaf Product: Fully Cooked Oval Halal Beef Burger 3.5 oz (#64170)
|Halal Oval Beef Patty, Fully Cooked, 3.5 oz||25 each||25 each|
|Plum Tomatoes, seeded & chopped||600 g||1 lb 5 oz|
|Red Onions, chopped fine||86 g||3 oz|
|Jalapeno Peppers, fresh, chopped fine||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Lime Juice||45 ml||3 Tbsp|
|Salt, table||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Avocado, raw, diced||3 each||3 each|
|Cilantro, raw, roughly chopped||125 ml||1/2 cup|
|Mozzarella Cheese, sliced||500 g||1 lb 1.5 oz|
- Preheat convection oven to 300'F/150'C.
- Place frozen halal oval beef burgers on a parchment lined 2" baking sheet and cover with foil. Heat for ~20 minutes to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds.
- Prepare the Avocado Salsa while beef burgers are cooking in oven. Combine the chopped tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno (omit if no heat is desired), lime juice and salt. Gently stir in chopped avocado and cilantro. Set aside while the beef burgers are cooking in oven.
- After beef patties are heated, place a slice (20 g/0.7 oz) of mozzarella cheese or pepper jack cheese on the diagonal. Place beef patties back in oven with cheese and cook for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Assembly at point of service: Place 1 mozza beef burger on plate and top with 30 ml/2 Tbsp of avocado salsa on top.
Serve with spanish rice and tossed garden salad (sides not included in the nutritional information)
Nutritional Info per 1 each
|Total Fat||24.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||8.4 g|
|Total Sugar||1.1 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||2.0 g|
|Vitamin A||21.0 RE|
|Vitamin C||7.0 mg|
|Calories from Fat||76 %|