159 g/5.6 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Bacon Chips, 1 inch, fully cooked (#13509)
|Dry Spaghetti pasta||900 g||2 lbs|
|Fresh mushrooms, sliced||180 g||6.4 oz|
|Fresh white onions, chopped fine||610 g||1 lb 5.5 oz|
|Canola oil||30 mL||2 Tbsp|
|Bacon Chips, 1 inch, fully-cooked||750 g||1 lb 10.5 oz|
|Heavy whipping cream, 35% milk fat||700 mL||2 3/4 cup|
|Chicken broth, reduced sodium||350 mL||1 1/3 cup|
|Parmesan cheese, shredded||430 g||15.2 oz|
|Table salt||5 mL||1 tsp|
|Ground black pepper||15 mL||1 Tbsp|
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions in salted boiling water for approximately 9-12 minutes until al dente. Drain the water and transfer back to the pot and place lid over top.
- While spaghetti is cooking, cut fresh mushrooms into thin slices or alternatively used canned, drained, sliced mushrooms. Finely chop onions.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and saute onions. Add sliced mushrooms and continue to saute for 2-4 minutes. Add bacon chips and heat.
- Add whipping cream and chicken broth; cover with lid and heat for approximately 5 minutes. Pour the sauce over the spaghetti. Add the Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately and may garnish with additional Parmesan cheese and dried/fresh basil.
Serve with steamed broccoli and toasted garlic bread. May garnish with additional Parmesan cheese and dried/fresh basil (sides not included in the nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 159 g/5.6 oz
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated fat||12 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Calories from protein||12%|