200 g/7 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Maple Leaf Fully Cooked Shaved Steak (#33548)
|Beef Steak Strips, fully cooked||1.5 kg||3 lbs 5 oz|
|Soy Sauce, reduced sodium||160 ml||2/3 cup|
|Beef Broth, reduced sodium||160 ml||2/3 cup|
|Brown Sugar||100 ml||1/3 cup + 4 tsp|
|Onion, fresh, sliced||640 g||1 lb 6 oz|
|Carrots, fresh, cut into matchsticks||940 g||2 lbs 1 oz|
|Broccoli, fresh, cut into small florets||640 g||1 lbs 6 oz|
|Sesame Oil||160 ml||2/3 cup|
|Garlic, minced||35 g||~2 oz|
|Rice Noodles, dry||700 g||1 lb 9 oz|
- The day before, thaw the cooked beef steak strips in the refrigerator at 4'C/40'F.
- In a small bowl, add reduced-sodium beef broth and brown sugar; stir to dissolve. Add soya sauce and set aside.
- Cut peeled carrots into matchsticks; cut fresh broccoli into florets and onions into 2-inch pieces.
- In a large skillet or grill top, heat half of the sesame oil on medium-high heat. Saute onions until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet/grill top, add the remaining half of sesame oil and saute carrots and broccoli. Cook for approximately 5-10 minutes or until softened. Add the minced garlic and saute for 30 seconds; add shaved steak to the sauteed vegetables. Mix lightly and pour the sauce over the ingredients. Add the sauteed onions and let simmer for about 5 minutes until the meat is warmed. Heat until the internal temperature of the steak reaches 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rice noodles according to the package directions. Once the noodles are al dente, drain and add to the meat/vegetable mixture and toss. Serve immediately
- Serve 250 mls/1 cup per serving. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Garnish with sprinkle of chow mein noodles (sides not included in the nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 200 g/7 oz
|Total Dietary Fiber||3.5 g|
|Total Sugars||8.9 g|
|Total Fat||10.3 g|
|Trans Fat||0.21 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.8 g|
|Vitamin A||14.2 RE|
|Vitamin C||25.5 mg|
|Calories from Protein||22 %|