250 ml/1 cup
Pork, Sliced Deli
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Maple Leaf Smoked Toupie Ham (#52672)
|Toupie Ham, Smoked (cut into 1 cm strips)||1.625 kg||3.6 lbs|
|Romaine Lettuce||2.125 kg||4.7 lbs|
|Celery, fresh, diced||375 ml||1 1/2 cups|
|Green/Spring Onions, fresh, chopped||375 ml||1 1/2 cups|
|Mandarin Oranges, drained||2.25 L||80 oz|
|Mayonnaise||500 ml||2 cups|
|Milk, 2%||175 ml||3/4 cup|
|Apple Cider Vinegar||80 ml||1/3 cup|
|Garlic, fresh, minced||80 ml||1/3 cup|
|Black Ground Pepper||10 ml||2 tsp|
- Slice ham into 1.0 cm strips; set aside. Hold at 40'F/4'C until service.
- Prepare vegetables for salad. Wash romaine salad and tear into 2" pieces. Dice celery and also chop fresh green/spring onions. Set aside. Drain mandarin oranges and discard juice.
- In a bowl, mix together mayonnaise, milk, apple cider vinegar, minced garlic, and ground pepper. Cover and place in refrigerator; hold at 40'F/4'C until service. Alternatively can use prepared Poppy Seed Salad dressing.
- In a large bowl, prepare salad by combining mandarin oranges, celery, and green onions. Serve on romaine lettuce, tossing before if desired.
- At point of service, place 250 mls of salad mixture onto plate. Place 65 grams of sliced ham on top of salad. Ladle 1 oz/30 mls of salad dressing over salad or portion into a side portion cup.
Serve with a warm Cheese Tea Biscuit or Garlic Bread with Cheese (sides not included in the nutritional information)
Nutritional Info per 250 ml/1 cup
|Total Fat||16.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.2 g|
|Total Sugar||11.6 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||2.5 g|
|Vitamin A||436.4 RE|
|Vitamin C||38.6 mg|
|Calories from Fat||59 %|