1 each (204 g/7.2 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Fully-Cooked Turkey Breast Strips, IQF, Grilled (#64358)
|Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup||710 mL||3 cups|
|2% Milk||150 mL||2/3 cup|
|Mozzarella Cheese, shredded||125 g||1/2 cup|
|Cooked Turkey Strips||1.5 Kg||3 lbs 4.9 oz|
|Fresh Tomato, sliced||6.25 each||6.25 each|
|Bacon Chips, Cooked||200 g||1 cup|
|Margarine, soft||125 mL||1/2 cup|
|Hamburger Buns||130 each||10 each|
|Cheddar Cheese, shredded||425 g||1 3/4 cup|
|Parsley, dried||30 mls||2 Tbsp|
- The day before, thaw the cooked turkey strips under refrigeration at <4°C/40°F.
- Preheat the convection oven to 300°F/150°C.
- Prepare the sauce: in a small saucepan, combine the mushroom soup, milk, and mozzarella cheese; bring to a simmer. Hold at 60°C/140°F until the next step.
- In a 2 inch deep insert pan place the cooked turkey strips. Pour the prepared cheese sauce over the turkey. Cover with lid. Heat for approximately 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F/74°C held for a minimum of 15 seconds. Maintain 140°F/60°C until ready to assemble Turkey Bacon Open-Faced Melt.
- Slice each large tomato (200 g) into four slices; set aside. Place bacon bits into a large bowl and set aside for a later step.
- Meanwhile, while the turkey is heating, open up the hamburger buns, and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Butter, each side of the bun with 5 ml/1 tsp of margin. Broil for two minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Once the bread is lightly toasted on one side, arrange 60 g of heated turkey strips with sauce on the toasted bun. Top the turkey strips with one slice of tomato (50 g), sprinkle 30 ml/2 Tbsp of cheddar cheese on top, followed by 1 Tbsp (8 g) of bacon bits/chips. Return to oven and broil until the cheese is melted for ~2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of dried parsley once removed from oven. Serve one each (1/2 hamburger bun) per serving.
Serve with a vinaigrette garden salad or buttered broccoli/green beans (sides not included in nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 1 each (204 g/7.2 oz)
|Calories from Protein||30 %|
|Total Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Soluble Fiber||0 g|
|Total Sugars||4 g|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Trans Fats||0.25 g|
|Vitamin A||134.6 RE|
|Vitamin C||8.32 mg|