485 g/17 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Fully Cooked Turkey Breast Strips, IQF, grilled (#64358)
|Turkey Breast Strips, cooked, IQF||1.5 Kg||3 lbs 5 oz|
|Cooked Quinoa||3.15 L||13 1/3 cups|
|Green Onions, chopped||375 mL||1 1/2 cups|
|Fresh Carrots, shredded||3.15 L||13 1/3 cups|
|Fresh Cucumber, 1/4" dice||3.15 L||13 1/3 cups|
|Avocado half, sliced thin||750 g||1 lbs 11 oz|
|Almonds, slivered||250 g||9 oz|
|Dried Sweetened Cranberries||375 mL||1 1/2 cups|
|Chickpeas, canned, rinsed & drained||1.5 L||6 1/3 cups|
|Spring Mix Lettuce, washed||1 Kg||2 lbs 3 oz|
|Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing||750 mL||3 cups|
- The day before, thaw the cooked turkey strips under refrigeration at <4°C/40°F.
- Prepare quinoa according to recipe standards. One cup of dry quinoa, cooked in 2 cups of water will yield 2 cups of prepared quinoa. Once cooked, place in insert pan and cover with plastic/lid. Hold at >140°F/60°C until service if preference for warm or alternatively hold at <40°F/4°C if preference is cold.
- Wash the fresh produce under cool, running water. Prepare the fresh green onions, shredded carrots, cucumbers, avocado, and place them in separate containers.
- Place almonds, dried cranberries, and chickpeas, in separate containers, and cover with plastic.
- At point of service, portion 275 mL/1.5 cups of spring lettuce into a bowl. Add 125 mL/1/2 cup of quinoa, 60 mL/1/4 cup of chickpeas, half avocado, 125 mL/1/2 a cup of cucumbers and 125 mL/1/2 cup of carrots. Sprinkle with 15 mL/1 tablespoon of almonds, 10 mL/2 teaspoons of dried cranberries and 15 mL/1 tablespoon of green onions. Arrange 60 g/2 ounces of turkey strips onto the salad. If preference for warmed turkey strips, heat oil on a grill on high heat and add turkey strips. Heat until 165°F/74°C until warm.
- Pour dressing over the power bowl and toss well. Alternatively, serve on the side.
Serve with grilled naan bread or a crusty roll (sides not included in nutritional information). May garnish salad with swirl of ranch dressing/sour cream.
Nutritional Info per 485 g/17 oz
|Calories from Protein||17%|
|Total Dietary Fiber||13 g|
|Total Sugars||12 g|
|Total Fat||31 g|
|Trans Fats||0.01 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Vitamin A||752.19 RE|
|Vitamin C||16.18 mg|