1 each (228 g/8.0 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Skinless Turkey Dinner Sausage, FC, 114 g (#25191)
|Turkey Sausage, FC, 1 each=114 g||25 each (2.85 kg)||25 each (6 lbs 4.5 oz)|
|Green Peppers, julienne||500 g||1 lb 1.6 oz|
|Red Peppers, julienne||273 g||9.6 oz|
|Onions, fresh, julienne||614 g||1 lb 5.7 oz|
|Oil, Canola||40 ml||2 Tbsp + 2 tsp|
|Salt, table||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Black Pepper, ground||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Oregano, dry||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Hot Dog Bun||25 each||25 each|
- Thaw the cooked skinless turkey sausage the day before under refrigeration at 40'F/4'C or lower.
- Julienne the peppers and onions and place in a bowl.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once it is hot, add the sliced peppers and onions. Add in the salt, pepper and oregano. Stir to coat the vegetables and occasionally for 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are tender but crisp and have caramelized. Transfer to insert pan with lid until ready to assemble turkey subs. Hold at >140'F/60'C.
- Cut about 4 slits ~0.5 cm deep on a diagonal into the turkey sausages. Brown the sausages on a grill top to ensure even browning on all sides. Heat to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds. Transfer to insert pan and cover with lid. Hold at >140'F/60'C until ready to assemble turkey subs.
- Heat the buns or toast inside of hotdog buns/sub buns.
- At point of service, build the Turkey Sausage & Grilled Vegetable Subs. Place the grilled turkey sausage inside the bun and top with 30 g of grilled vegetables. May garnish with mustard and/or ketchup.
Serve with potato chips, dill pickle and condiments (sides not included in nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 1 each (228 g/8.0 oz)
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Trans Fats||0.49 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Sugars||4 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||25.72 RE|
|Vitamin C||9.16 mg|
|Calories from Protein||25 %|