1 each (88 g/3.1 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Field Roast Plant-Based Italian Crumble (#31435)
|Plant-based Italian Crumble, Fully Cooked, thawed (1 each=907 g pouch)||750 g||1 lb 7 oz|
|Green and Red Peppers, diced||83 g||2.9 oz|
|Green Onions, chopped||14 g||1 Tbsp.|
|Ground Black Pepper||10 ml||2 tsp.|
|2% Milk||185 ml||2/3 cup + 1 Tbsp.|
|Liquid Whole Eggs or Large Eggs||1.15 L OR 22 Large Eggs||4 1/3 cups or 22 Large Eggs|
- The day before, thaw the plant-based Italian Crumble under refrigeration and maintain <40F/4C.
- Preheat the convection oven to 325F/165C. Spray muffin pan(s) generously with cooking spray.
- Place the plant-based Italian Crumble in a bowl and break apart with a fork. Place 30 g/~1 oz using #16 scoop of loosely packed plant-based Italian Crumble in each of the muffin cups. Pack down the Italian Crumble into the bottom and sides of each muffin cup using your fingers.
- Chop finely green and red peppers; set aside. Wash green onions under cool running water and slice into fine pieces; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and black pepper. Carefully pour egg mixture over the Italian Crumble in each of the cups; fill about 2/3rds full.
- Sprinkle the green peppers, red peppers and green onions on top of the egg mixture in each of the muffin cups.
- Place muffin pan(s) in a preheated oven and bake for ~15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. CCP-Cook to an internal temperature of 165F/74C held for at least 15 seconds. CCP-Maintain >140F/60C until service.
- At the point of service, may garnish with a sprinkle of fresh/dried chopped parsley.
Serve with roasted potatoes, fresh fruit and a slice of whole grain toast (sides not included in nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 1 each (88 g/3.1 oz)
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Trans Fats||0.01 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Sugars||2 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||82.15 RE|
|Vitamin C||1.92 mg|
|Calories from Protein||39 %|